Friday, September 09, 2022

Fuchsia shawl

 

Hello 
, I hope you are safe and well. 
Goodness me I have absolutely no idea where time has flown by.  I find myself muttering these words more and more. Its quite startling to hear yourself sound more and more like your mother . Did you ever imagine that one day you'd end up wearing things the majority of the time for comfort,rather than style ???? .if this is you Its a sign you too are turning into your mum. Haha 

Im actually one of those who doesn't dread getting older its a privilege ,a fact that we have to be mindful about.  Covid has highlighted  how privileged we are at being able to work from home . I'm a very lucky lady ,my family so far are safe and symptom free . I light candles for those who have not been so lucky  .

Im sharing today my latest pattern published in this months Inside Crochet magazine.  Its called the Fuschia Shawl ,named after the beautiful pink flowers . I used yarn from The Fiber Company  canopy fingering weight in colourway Lantana . The deepest really rich pink . Such a joyful colour .

It is designed  asymmetrically and features a swarovski beaded border.  I love working with crystals,  I enjoy how the light catches it and sparkles and bring life to the design . 
I rarely wear my design as featured in this pic . I prefer to wear mine with the triangle wrapped around my neck with the pointy tip at the front the two other points are wrapped like arms giving me a hug

I also have a food column and I review a book every month.  Each month I have waived my fee and instead im paid in books that I donate to schools and libraries in a bid to help add diversity of characters in our  young people's lives .



No comments:

Post a Comment