Monday, November 15, 2010

Hexie love





I am on a mission to use all my odds and ends of yarn.All those bits you can't bear to throw away .Some of the scraps have been in the 'box' for years.So Im using them to make useful accessories for the family. I had alot of leftovers from my granny stripe blanket.
I love flickr and one of my favourite groups is the 'Hexagon Love'. I can sit all day long drooling over the wonderful designs. I decided I wanted a bright and warm scarf made with hexagon motifs.
This is scarcely a pattern. Use whatever yarn and whatever size hook you like. It is a great stashbuster.I used a 4mm hook and made 15 hexagons, 4 rounds. The 4th round is the border that joins them together. You can add more or less motifs, just suit yourself.
This is a random colour choice ,I just picked up whatever yarn came out. The colours work together beautifully.The cream edging makes the colours 'pop.
All this colour lifts my spirit and makes me smile,beautiful happy colours wrapped around my neck.

7 comments:

  1. beautiful hexagons! That will be one of my next crochet projects...
    Enjoy your week.
    Maaike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great colours and shape, as easy as a granny but more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I like the new look of your site.
    'HELDASLAND': please take a look at my site for the give-away...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, you blog rocks too, you inspires me I will be following you, good job!

    Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the scarf! Found you on icrochet,glad I did a great blog.xx

    ReplyDelete