Thursday, January 13, 2011

Bottle poncho/ Coasters



















I think I'm suffering from startitis, a well known disease that makes you start something and never finish them.Sound familiar. I have so many projects in progress.Lately I have found I just have to make the thing, whatever it is ,straight away.I must write my notes , I place hook and yarn in individual projects bag. It is all very organised, so that when I do pick it up I know exactly where I am .I have ten 4mm hooks and now I have to get more to cope with the amount of things I have to finish.Now, you'd think I would try and finish one project to free the crochet hook, oh, no not I, it seems I do have a really bad case of startitis.










I came up with this idea when I had arranged to meet a friend to celebrate her massive weight loss. She loves white wine. I wanted to give my friend a gift, usually I cook and bring her foodie gifts but I decided to give a practical gift.I wanted to make the bottle pretty and came up with this poncho for a bottle,Yes, I know it is a silly, whimsical gift but it does have a purpose as it doubles up as a coaster.
.I used Debbie Bliss Dk cotton a lovely shade of grey,silver I love working in cotton the stitch definition is superb.I added some gorgeous swarovski crystals o make it have a little sparkle, a little bit of bling!!
This is a very quick and easy pattern, I made this pattern up whilst watching telly.


Notions;


4mm hook


1 ball debbie bliss dk makes 4 coasters, feel free to use any yarn you like.






Picot;


3ch, slip stitch to third chain from hook.






Pattern


Ch 12, join with slip stitch.




1.1ch make 30 dc into the ring, join with a ss.


2. 3ch, counts as tr. 1tr in next 2 dc's, 3ch, *3tr in next 3 stitches ,3ch**, repeat from *to ** join with a ss in the 3ch at start of round.


3. 1ch, * miss 1tr, dc in the next dc,( 3tr, make a picot of 3 stitches, 3tr all in the next 3ch sp.)** repeat from *to ** ,join with a ss to first tr.


Fasten.


Block.




Now, embellish your poncho/coaster with whatever you like I used swarovski crystal handsewn onto every picot.You can use beads , buttons, sequins or leave it alone.
Put it round the bottle neck, give as a gift and then use it as a coaster for that lovely bottle.!!!!!


I hope you enjoy this pattern.




If you spot any mistakes, or need help please contact me.


All pictures and content@2011 by Helda Panagary.All rights reserved.For personal, non-commercial use only.














4 comments:

  1. I love the look of your coaster under the glass. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi , thankyou for your comment over at mine. Great to find your lovely blog !
    Off to read some more :0)
    Jacquie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the coasters! just started learning how to crochet and trying to get the word out that its okay for guys to enjoy this hobby too. I will be following your blog closely.

    dwaine

    http://dwaine0531.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete