Friday, July 30, 2021

Back to the blog

Hello My lovelies 
It has been far too long since I visited my blog its shameful really . I'd fallen out of love with  blogging.  Felt I had nothing to say plus time just didn't allow for it.  Family life got in the way.  I  decided to try my hand at Instagram.  I liked the idea that a picture paints a thousand words i still do . It was so much easy to document my makes ,my recipes etc .

But ,lately I've been feeling its time to go back to this blog.  Share a bit of my makes ,perhaps offer some advice to those of you that might fancy dipping your toes into new designing .
I going to try a blog every forthnight . This time frame feels manageable .
Sharing a few pictures of my #jardinbotanique blanket . Published in Inside Crochet magazine . Issue 134 .
Named after the gardens in the Seychelles.  The Botanical gardens have  been named one of the worlds beautiful gardens.  It has some of the worlds rarest orchids and plants. It has the largest nut in the world ,the Coco de Mer  . 
The design is an interpretation of a photo I took as a child in the gardens .  I Started with the browns to represent the ground,   through to the greens, pinks ,yellows with represent the flowers through to the  sky . 
It's  designed to use a box of scheepjes River washed colour pack plus 40g to create the border .

I really enjoyed making this . Designed during the first lockdown.  It became such a source of comfort.  It was a way of my coping with not being able to visit gardens and the wider world to get my fix of the great outdoors.  It became a form of colour therapy.  Whenever I felt low about not seeing the family, I'd make a square . It progressed really quickly and filled me with deep joy . Colour really makes me smile. 





No comments:

Post a Comment