Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Moodboards



Hello dear friends , I hope you are well .I have been neglecting the one place I really love and that's my blog . It is very hard to get the correct balance . I'm really enjoying Instagram , trying very hard to get to grips with Twitter and other social media . I know I am not alone in wishing i didn't need to sleep , can you tell me why I can't have two sets of hands ? It would certainly make life easier. I'm feeling very guilty and I am ashamed to admit I am neglecting my mum. I phone as often as I can but I really need to get myself around there a bit more . Im filled with constant guilt , I guess that's the life of a catholic . 

Guilt aside , I really enjoy creating mood-boards I have always done them but never ever thought to share , until now . Often it isn't yarn that trigger my moodboard .In this picture it was the hand blown egg I bought years ago in The South of France . My latest yarn purchase contrasts perfectly with it . It's from a fabulous lady calling herself the perfectly apt The Wool Kitchen , as she dyes her yarn in her kitchen . This
gradient blue jeany yarn is so soft . I can't wait to use it . From here I stroll around the house grabbing this and that . In this months issue of Inside crochet  Magazine you get these yellow crochet hook , mini blue scissors  I'm drying dahlias flowers at the moment the yellow looks great here . On and on I go until I'm happy . I do love these board .
As you can see the moodboard has ended up as a knitted  scarf for my grandson .  I'm knitting with Rowans denim yarn . I have used this yarn years ago but I recently bought some , it looks great after every wash as it fades just like jeans , it will be perfect for my little man. I will make a few yellow balloons as the contrast . 

Goodness me I have just realised I have a date with my daughter , we are off shopping for her graduation , I'm so excited . Kisses to you all .

7 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a mood board, it looks amazing. Enjoy your date with your daughter and have a great shopping trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Helda,

    Love the colours of your mood board! I was wondering, what yarn is that lovely yellow mustard coloured one? It goes so well with the denim colour!!

    Have a nice time!
    Ingrid xx
    Myfunkycrochet.blogspot.be

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mood board is a lovely idea. Me too please if someone's dishing out more hands. Juggling home life, grandchildren, children and parents can stretch you all ways, even though we love them all very much. It's important to cherish the little pocket of me time we have.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely mood board, great inspirations and great results coming along too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never made a mood board, frankly my mood being very negative lately just might reflect that! Lovely scarf for your grandson.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have never heard of mood boards, but it sounds like a great idea!

    I too struggle with finding the right balance in my life atm. Hopefully it will get better soon!

    Take care
    Anne
    Crochet Between Worlds

    ReplyDelete
  7. I liked seeing the mood board translated into yarn. Very pretty.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete