Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Blue


I have been feeling rather blue, I have been stuck in bed for awhile and feeling  so very bored. I seem to have caught the flu and to make matters worse have RSI .
RSI occurs when the muscles and tendons in your wrists and fingers become strained by repeated movement. This in turn causes the damaged muscles to contract, reducing their range of movement. At the same time the sheaths housing your tendons can run out of lubrication, causing chafing
Key signs that you are suffering from RSI include:
• Tenderness
• Aches and pain
• Cramp
• Stiffness
• Weakness
• Tingling
• Numbness
• Swelling
If you experience any of these symptoms before, during computing, crocheting , knitting, don’t ignore them! It’s vital to rest, as continuing to do that activity could make the problem worse as the muscles and tendons become more swollen and suffer further chafing
nothing seems to help except strict rest, no crocheting at all, no lifting, and no typing except with my left hand and Im so slow that at times it is easier to do nothing at all, usually for at least a week or more
Have you ever suffered from this? How long did it take to recover?

On a happier note I ordered the above yarn the week before alexander palace show, I will post pictures from this years show, shortly. I bought mine from here. At the fabulous price of £1.79 cheaper them a pot of tea. 206m of mercerised cotton and it comes in all these fabulous shades. I love crochet cotton I bought 10 shades not sure what I'm making but at present they are sat in a very deep white dish. They remind me of Christmas baubles

.

11 comments:

  1. Hello lovely, I am so sorry to hear that you are feeling blue and I can completely understand why. RSI is horrible and so uncomfortable, but yes rest rest rest is the only remedy. You really need to rest, no crochet, typing, knitting, iphone, you name it. How long it takes, well that really depends on the severity and also on how well you rest, but I reckon a couple of weeks of completely abstaining will bring some improvement in your symptoms. I am sending you a big hug and wishes for it all to get better very soon. Love Blacksheeps, haven't tried this Rico before so thanks for sharing. Take care of yourself xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch, sorry you aren't feeling well. I have joint issues along with my celiacs so I have many days where I don't feel 100 percent. Your crocheting looks beautiful, I hope you feel well enough soon that you can continue with your crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The yarn is so pretty, enjoy it! I'm sorry to hear about the RSI. I'm almost positive I had that in my wrists after I had my first baby; the process of picking him up, changing him, carrying him around, etc., was so different from anything else I'd ever done and my wrists hurt constantly for months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear! poor you hope your feeling better soon. Sounds like you had a real bargain with that yarn will be checking out that link soon :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely yarn!
    RSI is horrible.... I have had it as well, but I have taken natural Schussler Salts as a remedy (cannot recall which one exactly, I can try to look it up for you). So it went away rather quickly. And now I am taking Cat's Claw as a supplement, because I always suffer a bit from my muscles and bones and .... and this helps a lot, it is a natural supplement.
    And I always crochet with ergonomic hooks.
    Hope you will feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you're not feeling well,hopefully you'll be on the mend soon. I am a terror when it comes to pain, I never give in but seeing your comments regarding RSI I shall heed your very good advice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had RSI when I first started working after university - I typed most of the day, without a proper chair or posture, and the healing took a while. Lots of stretches, sitting up straight and at correct angles with the keyboard, and rest of course. B vitamins helped a friend recently, might be worth a try. And your yarns are so lovely, it must be hard to see them and not be able to hook them up! Hang in there, it does get better! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling very well, flu on its own is bad enough but to be suffering with RSI too is awful. I had bad aches in my wrist when I first started crocheting, strict rest was the only way to cure it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no, I really hope the RSI improves soon so that you can tackle all that beautiful yarn! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. That yarn is gorgeous! Such lovely bright colours. Hope your RSI improves soon.
    Marianne x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you're feeling better soon. Although I've not had RSI myself, rest does work! Take care.

    ReplyDelete