Thursday, August 22, 2013

Inside Crochet issue 44 Molokini Shawl





This is one of my latest published patterns in this months Inside Crochet Magazine.  A design that is inspired by a crescent-shaped, partially submerged volcanic crater in Hawaii called Molokini. This crescent shaped shawl is my personal favourite shape. It is so flattering on everyone. Sits perfectly around the shoulders but equally looks stunning when worn around the neck .

The striping effect is achieved by using two different coloured balls of yarn. I used one of my personal favs at the moment Kauni. I bought mine from SKD.They are a wonderful online company that really has great customer care. 

Kauni EFFEKT yarns are unique. 100% virgin wool with colours which graduate from one to another which can give unusual and truly beautiful designs. This is a very deceptive yarn when you first get it you will find it quite a rough texture but once it is washed a couple of times it is so soft and very warm .It's a cosy yarn that gives you a hug , yarn lovers will know exactly what I mean.

 Speaking about washing I used Eucalan a no rinse wool wash. This stuff rocks .It might seem a bit pricey at 10.95 but it goes along way and it works. I hate washing and blocking and anything that can reduce the amount of time spent doing this is a winner in my book .I bought mine from Nest yarn shop.

This months magazine has some wonderful patterns the  Eyes Sweater by Linda Skuya is fab. I love the socks made by Claire .Do check out Claire's blog for other wonderful images of what is in the magazine.
 
I'm sure you will agree that the images are simply wonderful. Picture credit - © Tailor Made Publishing Ltd. It

4 comments:

  1. I like the funky effect you have got when mixing the neutral grey with the bright colours. It gives a very contemporary vibe to a traditional piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your newest design in Inside Crochet! Thanks for visiting my blog and for your kind comment. I really enjoyed looking around your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful pattern,and I love the Kauni Effect yarn...it is beautiful striped like that between the other yarn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colours are lovely!

    ReplyDelete