Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Lemon cake

It is official my needle threading days are over this baby bought at the Stitch n knitting show a few weeks back, (god, I cant even remember when it was) has come to my rescue.It is fab, all you do is place needle in hole and yarn is placed where arrows point, move the white button and hey presto needle threaded. It is such a great buy available here.













Sometimes a cake will only do, this is a recipe I forgot about but one that is an old fav, it's one of those recipes that work and it isn't a fuss, just mix and go.

125ml natural yoghurt,

200 g sugar

2 small eggs,

100g melted butter

grated rind of 1 lemon unwaxed ,

250g self raising flour


Mix the first five together and then thoroughly mix the flour. Bake ,cool I just made a runny icing that drips over the edge.This cake is so good I have baked it twice.








2 comments:

  1. Yummy but can you say how long to cook it for and what temperature, I'm useless at chancing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will keep an eye on needle threading devices, I am not as quick as used to be. Luckily my cake apreciating abilities are still as sharp as always, so will have a go at baking your luscious cake.
    Wishing you a Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete