Saturday, April 30, 2011

Granny mandala





















London Marathon has come and gone ,William and Kate have been married one whole day, nothing that exciting for me but I have been busy making coasters and potholders for friends and family. These are all made with a variety of odds and ends from stash. Most are rico creative cotton. The white is Debbie Bliss Dk cotton. For me , there is nothing as wonderful looking ,so fresh and crisp as work in cotton.




The pattern for these comes from the simple mandala pattern from here

141 people have made these in the most wonderful colour combinations , you can't help getting out the hook to have a few of these at home once you have had a look.


I have been after these white mus for awhile .I always managed to get there too late always sold out, until thursday these two mugs waiting for me in sainsburys.I love the texture it really looks like a knitted cable cup cosy.I love them.








3 comments:

  1. I had to look twice at those mugs, great texture!
    I love crochet but it is way down there on my list at the moment.
    love
    Lyn
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was lovely yesterday. I watched the wedding and spent my day knitting. It was perfect.
    Haven't decided what your blue flowers are as yet. Will look in a couple of books i've got, if I find anything I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are beautiful! Love all the colors.

    ReplyDelete