Monday, July 01, 2024

Summer Time


Hello , I hope all is well in your neck of the woods . Here , in London it’s nice and warm but a bit cloudy . I’m not one for super hot days , as it means I have to adjust my crocheting. Nothing worse than making  a blanket or shawl in wool , god forbid if you use mohair . These are some of the fibers  that make me sweaty and uncomfortable whilst making it . 


So , when the weather is hot my projects of choice in the  involve fibers that have light lace weight , cottons . It also means I will have. Few projects that’s are made of motifs . The picture above is a hexagon project I’m hoping to make a top . I’m using all my odds and ends , I love a stash-busting project . . 







Cloudbusting Shawl by Helda Panagary

Find the pattern in 167 of Inside Crochet magazine.

This sea-blue shawl was inspired by childhood walks on beaches littered with baby clam shells.


MATERIALS

* Arastella Yarn 4ply, 100% Merino wool, 100g/400m/437yds

Shade: Under the Sea x 2 skeins

* 3.5mm hook


DESIGNER BIOGRAPHY

Helda is a passionate and creative crochet designer who can be found on Instagram as @heldap123.



No comments:

Post a Comment