Thursday, October 27, 2011

Montana Williamson

Some of the finalists of the Knitting and Stitching show at Alexander Palace.
(Before I start can anyone help I am having some problems with blogger I can not seem to get spaces between my paragraghs. I hate reading my blog with great blocks of writing.)
Yes, that's right the girl in the first picture is my beautiful daughter Montana Williamson the graduate .Once again she has made me grin from ear to ear. She has come second place in the 2011 Alexander palace textile award.I have added the link to the UK.hand knitting .com .It shows all the students work, it is truly inspirational. She is off to Harrogate's knitting and stitching show in November.
I have knitted and crocheted most of my life .I started because we didn't have alot of money and it was a cheaper way for me to have fashionable items at half the cost. I never imagined that years later my knitting would influence my daughter so much that she would have a career in it.
I'm sure you can imagine the amount of yarn and yarn paraphenalia we have at home. My youngest daughter also knits and she crochets beautifully. In fact, years ago we went to the Stitch London annual knit in public day and I believe she was at that time the youngest member.I am so very proud that my girls have this wonderful skill to share with their friends and children.Long live crochet and knitting..

4 comments:

  1. You must be so proud, what an achievement!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful legacy you have given to your daughters. Congratulations !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your daughter!

    Happy blogoversary :)

    BTW, I find that when I use IE with Blogger, I have to work in html mode to avoid funky spacing. No problems with Firefox.

    ReplyDelete