Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Projects

I completed my shawl, for the life of me I can't remember where the pattern is from. It's made with manos silk blend. A beautiful soft and very silky ,its a pleasure to work with. I'm tempted to get some more. This picture was taken by Pepi at our meet up.
Remember my granny squares they are for my daughter's bedroom, I'm still plodding along ,this basket is full. Now comes the arduous task of joining them together.I know I should have joined as soon as I made each one but I found whenever I had a spare moment I'd whip one off. I liked the fact that is was portable .I have to be in the right frame of mind. I 'm a really stickler for seams. I cant bear bad seams, I believe that you should take your time to join after all you did spend hours on making the garment. Nothing lets a garment down more than terrible seams.

This is a skein of the beautifully soft evolution yarn I bought from Socktopus, I'm making another shawl ,this one for my mum. I'm using my knit pro double ended crochet hook ,it doesn't feel right as it keeps catching the yarn, this means I'm not really enjoying using it as the flow isn't what I'm used to. I will go back to my clover Japanese hooks.Now, that is a fabulous hook.


Ta daa, I have been visiting charity show for years in the hope of unearthing some yarn ,pattern books, hooks so far Ive not had much luck that is until last week .I popped up to visit a friend .We went down to her local market to get some seasonal fruits.I'm a sucker for any berries. Well, I spotted a charity shop and low and behold balls of pure wool 50p .Yes fifty pence. I still cant stop smiling .It really does feel like I'm the cat that got the cream.



No comments:

Post a Comment