Saturday, January 31, 2009

Lunch




I had lunch today with a friend, we popped into libertys and drooled at the colour coded yarn .Its laid out so beautifully ,almost too pretty to touch. Libertys does not feel like a shop to me,Ive always felt that it has a museum feel about it. I feel as though I'm having a guided tour so much history within those walls. Everything within is a beautiful piece of artwork its a complete over load to the senses.Its such a beautiful building.Perhaps not the best place to go to if like me you are planning on being or at least attempting thriftiness.
We had a fabulous lunch a beautiful pot of tea in such a charming pot,tea in a pot especially in a pretty pot feels like a treat. Its a rare treat, I'm old enough to remember that no self respecting household would be without one. They are all banished to the back of cupboards alongside breville toasters, juicers. They make a mean sandwich ,mine, ciabatta filled with salami,mozzarella,tomato chutney and salad . Coffee and a toasted panini for my friend. I cant remember the name of this fine place but you can bet I'll be back. They have some really great looking cakes.The cake in photo is patis de nata, portugese custard tarts must have one next time.
I had a really lovely day ,great food and great company .It made a huge difference it really lifted my spirits.I cant wait for the next time.

1 comment:

  1. Your lunch sounds so good (I'm hungry now, thanks). :) I need to find a local shop around here that makes great sandwiches. I'm on a mission now... ~JWJW2 (swap-bot)

    ReplyDelete