Thursday, September 11, 2008

Iknit

There have been so many blog posts about the fantastic Iknit event. I like all the others had a fab time.I met so many ravelry folk. The day seemed to whizz by, a day filled with fashion shows, an audience with the great Stephanie Pearl Mcfee. I was right at the back and therefore pictures of said person wasn't very clear The yarn harlot is an entertaining lady, right from the get go she made us all giggle at her witt. I only wish we could have her for a bit longer.

I had a really nostalgic moment when I spotted some dolls that cover loo paper. When I saw them I was transported back to my childhood .My mum let me play with her but when visitors were expected my dolly was back on in its rightful place, namely over loo rolls.


Yes, they are indeed very large knitting needles, the yarn appears to be strips of thick blankets, sheets
Now ,this beauty was the backdrop for Natural Dye studio, I love the colours. It was great fun putting ravelry names to face. We had a crochet meet up of sorts as we were all too busy spending money .
These scarves are truly spectacular, quite expensive.
Now , what about the yarn , I loved almost all the yarn. There were so many to choose from. I spent quite alot, but all completely necessary, well thats what I keep telling myself. I have taken photos and will post as soon as I can. For more photos Nez has some great shots. We really needed an event like this for years,all uk yarn businessunder one roof .The iknit boys have yet again managed to make the day a very wonderful one.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like it was a lot of fun. Sorry I missed it.

    ReplyDelete