Thursday, March 27, 2008

I'm a spinner

Today I attended the stitch and crafting show at Olympia, as you all know I love yarn, crochet, knitting and all things yarn related and I wouldn't miss any opportunity to satisfy my urges .Things were looking a little bleak at the show, I'm not a papercrafter and this show seems to be primarily that. Suddenly , I spotted a ray of light : a silk spindle workshop. Learn how to spin with silk. Whoopee, I'm going to learn to spin. I have had a brief lesson in the past, however a soon as I got the spindle home it was a complete mystery.That spindle is in a box with a rather large bag of wool tops.(somewhere)
Today all that changed. Ruth is a wonderful teacher, she has converted me and I will be spinning forever I feel smitten, bitten by the spinning bug and I know it wont be long before I'm desperate for MORE. Above is my very own spindle and look at the delightful silk top I was able to choose. Ruth colours all the tops herself. I want that life spinning my own yarn, dyeing it crocheting it, knitting it. Sleeping with it, yes, it really is that bad.
Look at all of these, when spun it looks so delightful. I have been so busy that I haven't yet taken pictures of my finished article, but I will soon.
I'd like to say a great big thank you to Ruth.(above) If you are popping over during the next few days please book this workshop.It's really money well spent. Not sure hubby is so keen as he looked a little pivved when I he overheard the words fabulous,spinning wheel, more silk tops, wool, books. Do you think he knows something I don't????

This is Ruths website http://www.spinningforth.com/ .Its so interesting I lurvvve her yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment