Monday, December 16, 2013

It's beginning to look like Christmas

                                                       Sequined baubles
                                                              Twinkly lights, Red Bows
 Usually I love the fragrance and look of a real tree but I saw this beauty and had to have her. She is covered in fake snow and she looks festive naked but now adorned with all her jewellery she looks magnificent.

                                          Cranberry and white chocolate blondies. I adapted the recipe slightly as I wanted a more cakey  texture ,so I used less chocolate. If you follow the recipe you will get  really squidgy squares, its really delicious.


                                                               Bathroom
                                                  Raspberry buttermilk  and almond cake , this too is adapted ,its from the Great British Bake off ,everyday book, the recipe calls for blackberries I had bought some fresh raspberries  and I dropped teaspoonful's of raspberry jam, topped with my favourite almond slivers. Gosh , it was very tasty.
                                                 Cranberry ,almond, and oat biscuits .I bought a new kitchenaid and I have really been putting it through its paces .My waistline is  now definitely showing signs. I usually follow the 5;2 diet but since I  got this machine the diet has fallen to the wayside

I must do something about it, everyday when I put on that size bigger top  that I thought Id never wear again I'm filled with determination yet by the afternoon I must bake. I tell myself I'm doing a cake for such and such and I wont eat any but I always manage to scoff  a slice or three. Is anyone else struggling? what's your plan? How do you not put on weight when Christmas is filled with food and drink.
 

6 comments:

  1. I just saw your comment on my blog, and popped over to see you. Why do we do it to ourselves? I have decided not to worry until Jan 2nd. I shall be 44 next March and have decided to try and lose 2 stone by then. For now I shall hide inside tunic tops!!

    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard not to put on some weight at this time of year. I try to watch what I eat, but mostly I just try to only cook healthy things as much as possible. I baked cookies this weekend and I'm glad that I'll be giving most of them away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I'm popping round visiting and saying hello to all of the lovely new people who have commented on my blog recently. Thank you for stopping by my blog and for your lovely comments. Sorry it has taken me a while to visit! Hope to see you again soon. Happy Christmas. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crikey you have been busy. Your tree looks beautiful and your cakes, yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for popping by.
    Rather than keep beating myself up about my shape - I enjoy cakes, wine and chocolate! - I booked a 2 hour session with a personal shopper in Debenhams. It's a free service and they tell you what suits you - problem solved!! :) Other than buying the clothes, but it made me feel heaps better.
    Hope to see you again soon. (I know what you mean about keeping going with a smile on your face whilst everyone else eats and drinks! )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my your home is looking so gorgeous and Christmassy. I love all the glitz and the beautiful subtle tones and then for the cake, I am starving now, thanks!!! They all look delicious and I don't know which want I want to bake first. I am trying to be very good at the moment well that's until the weekend anyway. Sending much love and Christmas wishes your way. xoxo

    ReplyDelete