Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Inside Crochet issue 33

Just received my copy of the latest issue of Inside Crochet magazine.I know it had its problems in the past, I don’t want to gloss over them but I do want to focus on the magazine as it is now,I won’t spoil it for you but let’s take a look at quick look at issue 33.
 I love this wrap , the colour combination is so delicious, I can imagine how warm that it would be wrapped snugly around my neck ,pinned with one of my many shawl pins. I have so many pins and yet I rarely use them .Note to self ,must wear more shawls pins
 These socks are so beautiful.I'm not very fond of long socks so I would make a shorter version, this pattern uses popcorn stitch.Beautiful
 Oh my goodness, I want one of these for myself,I am definitely making this, I want one to wear in bed. Yummy.
 I love this kimono styled jumper , it has delicious lace panels ,it is such a great length over the butt ,something i really like.The navy jumper is made in tunisian crochet.I love the contrast sleeves and collar, superb.The gold buttons makes it incredibly chic.
                          A groovy hat and boho styled bag , don't you just love fringing?
                      This is such a wearable top, it is a Rowan pattern and it uses broomstick stitch. .


In addition to the patterns, there are detailed crochet instructions for beginners and a great tutorial for  intarsia crochet and broomstick in the round  (which I plan to use), several in-depth interviews, yarn and book reviews.The new layout is great and it feels glossy ,(hope you know what i mean).I love the size of the beautiful color photographs .whatever I read I’m always looking for fresh ideas and new inspirations,this months issue ticks all these boxes.It is lovely to have a mag that is dedicated to my favourite craft and the the fact it is made in the UK is wonderful, do try it .


Incidentally, it is available from most good newsagents and is definitely on sell in the larger branches of supermarkets, I have seen it in Sainbury's, Adsa,Tesco. I'm off to make Lorraine Pascalle's tinfoil trout
Edited; I made mine with salmon, I had a large jar of sushi ginger in the fridge and substituted it for the fresh ginger, with great success .This is a quick and very easy dish.I served it with jasmine rice, and stir fried courgettes ,fab

1 comment:

  1. Love this issue and am currently making your brilliant and lovely Diana shawl....lush!! Thank you for such a great pattern and such a lovely blog...x

    ReplyDelete