Wednesday, November 04, 2009

I have to show you something , his highness has been very busy helping me decorate.This is his handy work.We decided to have a feature wall with wallpaper and the others in magnolia .We wallpapered together but he has put up all those pictures and they are dead straight.
For those of you who has a man that can do all those jobs men like to think they are good at, lucky you. However , the point of blogging this, is they improve. His highness, was one of those fellows that broke things when trying to fix it, completely convinced it was the fault of the manufactures not him. I cant tell you how I despaired whenever he said he'd ' fix' it. However he has now somehow become the man who can and its lovely.The only downside to this is he has now got quite a few tools and great big toolboxes and we cant seem to go pass tools in any store. I think at last he understands why I cant pass a bookshop, wool shop, shoe shop, cake shop.

Baking again.My family are suckers for a piece of banana bread.It is very surprising just how many recipe there are. This recipe is my own recipe its so quick and easy .Incidentally, you can freeze bananas, just let them thaw before you add them to the mix.
185g self raising flour
1 teaspoon round cinnamon
20g butter
110g brown sugar
1 egg, lightly beaten
60ml milk
230g mashed banana
handful of walnuts,
Sift flour and cinnamon into a bowl, rub in the butter.stir in sugar,egg, milk and banana, don't over mix, it should have lumps, like a muffin mix. Spoon into cake tin. I used a loaf tin.
Bake at 180 for 30 minutes. This cake freezes very well for up to three months.It also stores for two days in a cake tin.
Enjoy


I've been so busy these last couple of weeks

1 comment:

  1. my husband is like that....... when he sees a tool, he goes crazy.. and forget anything and anyone....but at least he is very good in any work at home.. including cooking.

    ReplyDelete