Thursday, August 30, 2007

condolences


condolences
Originally uploaded by TalkLeft.
My father in law has passed away.I didnt really have a image however this image from flickr sums it up perfectly. Strangly, i have been knitting alot . I have bought my knitting with me wherever we have had to visit whilst arranging the funeral. I have found great comfort in the act of making stitches. Even stranger, I have managed to buy a set of the knitpicks needles from america.My cousin has had them for months I had not been able to get them as everyday i didnt seem to have the time but I suddenly had the urge too. I set about learning how to use them and I'm now attemping a lacey knitted in the round top.I did this in the middle of the night after we had been given the sad news.I love the smoothiness of it all . I especially love the click, click of the needles, its so very soothing.I am amazed that in this period of such utter sadness I am comforted by knitting.In a world filled with uncertainty at least the stitches will never change

2 comments:

  1. My condolences to you and your family, thoughts are with you at this time. Glad your knitting is soothing and helping you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My condolences to you and your family, I will be thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete