Saturday, December 23, 2006
55g/2oz butter, softened
85g/3oz brown sugar
1 egg, beaten
110g/4oz plain flour, sifted
85ml/3fl oz whole milk
2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp cocoa powder, sifted
1. Preheat oven to 250C/500F/Gas 9.
2. Place the butter, sugar, egg and flour in a food processor and blend.
3. Add the milk, baking powder and cocoa and blend.
4. Grease a muffin tin before spooning the muffin mix into six of its cases.
5. Place the muffins in the oven and bake for 12 minutes, or until risen and cooked through.
6. Remove the muffins from the oven and leave to cool before lifting the muffins out of the tin.