Thursday, July 05, 2018

Inside crochet issue 103, Parrallelogram shawl




My latest pattern has been published in issue 103 of Inside Crochet magazine. I do love the styling and photography .@mavricphotography. Just look at this 

 Sometimes, as a designer you buy some yarn and you have a moment when you know exactly what you will make. This is exactly what happened the moment my Scheepjes colour pack arrived. The box arrives and you do a very happy dance .

The catona packs contain 109 balls ,this pattern uses 107 . I didn't use black and dark brown. I joined as you go pattern . Finished with a border and I made my own faux fur pompoms. I recently watched the news that stated trading standards had found that even though websites  and many shops that thought they were selling faux fur , most they tested contained rabbit, I am shocked and very sad so I went to hobby craft and bought genuine faux fur by the meter and made my own.

I really enjoyed making the motifs pulling colours out randomly is so amazing . I plan my colour choices I can spent weeks making decisions on combining colours so when this colour pack arrived i threw caution to the wind and simply removed the black and dark brown and I simply made triangles . I am not going to lie I would often looking at two adjacent colours and hate them, but once all the colours are worked its amazing how the over all effect looks. I urge  all you colour perfectionist please try and do this it is very relaxing and less pressurized. check out all the photos here

hope you are all enjoying the weather?




 The one thing I struggle with now is the fact that most of what I do is months ahead .I am currently knee deep in Christmas crochet ,yeap. all I need do is pop on my Christmas songs cd start a roast dinner and I'd believe its that time of year.
Its all very strange. I am crocheting with thick winter wool in summer and in winter i,m  playing with cottons and linens. its really hot here in London, so you can imagine it is a bit of a struggle. most people are throwing off the blankets in this heat and I making them . Despite all this I wouldn't change  any of it . I'm very lucky to be able to spend my time with a crochet hook in hand.

Inside Crochet is available online and in most newsagents and supermarkets.


2 comments:

  1. The shawl is certainly an eye catcher. I am one of those color perfectionists but I've also come to find that if you just let it go it will all work out in the end. Sometimes even better than if it was planned. Congratulations on another successful pattern.
    xx Beca

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shawl is gorgeous, so beautiful! Congrats on a wonderful design.

    ReplyDelete